Our Bathroom Makeover



                                                           Hello everyone,
               I hope you are all enjoying your weekend.  I think I mentioned that we were giving our downstair bath a bit of a makeover. So, I have some photos of it today.
    It srarted with painting the pine floor boards white- which made the creamy white wainscotting look more yellow, so we decided to paint the wainscotting white to freshen it up. Then the wallpaper that was on above it now looked grungy so off it came and a nice grey mistint went on . I think you probably all know how one change seems to lead to several more!
We took out the small pedestal sink that was in here to replace it with this yardsale cabinet that I love. We got a new dropin sink that my husband installed himself with the new taps.

Some lace & linens to make it pretty.

The old cupboard was given to me a few years ago and we took off the old doors and put on these doors with chicken wire-I say we but Andrew did that too! It is great for storing quilts and linens.We also put the feet on it and the little trim at the bottom..

details

I changed the curtains to crochet lace valences on the top and white semi sheer on the bottom.The garden statue is waiting until spring to go back to the garden.


This doll house from a thrift store in Maine has been a well loved treasure for our little granddaughters.

More details. I love the mirror that we bought a few years ago at Cool Breeze- a garden centre.




 I would like to replace the lights over the sink  but waiting until I find the right ones

 I still have a few little touches to do but mostly it is finished.
There is also a glass shower stall on the other side that I didn't photograph.

So,it is definitely fresh and clean and we are happy with the new look even if it did involve more then we planned orginally .Anyway, it didn't stop us from giving our small upstair guest bath a new look too-but that is another story!

I am joining BNOTP for Metamorphsis Monday.
Thank you for your visit,
 Carolyn
Share on :
Our Bathroom Makeover
Our Bathroom Makeover
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5