Guest Room

Hi everyone,
I hope you enjoyed your weekend. It is rainy here again today making it difficult to get garden clean up done but worse still the farmers are having a hard time to get their crops in.
Anyway, today I am joining the creative Cielo at the 'House in the Roses' for her 'show us your cottage' theme. This can be a room in your home, so I am showing a guest room in our home.
Some of you have already seen some photos of this room, but it has been awhile, so I'm hoping you forgot!
This room is decorated with simple furniture from 'yard sales' etc. giving it a cottage style look.
Now that I have taken these pictures, I see I have a design flaw(maybe more then one)-the one that I see, is my lamp is a little on the short side but pretend you don't notice!
I got this lamp at a thrift store and spray painted it cream. The blue toile lamp shade came from the Christmas tree shop. It is blue toile but hard to tell with the light on but on a rainy day I was having a hard time to get enough light without the flash.
Breakfast in bed anyone?
Our home is aprox. 87 years old.
a view in the mirror
dainty lace


linens and lace.






I hope you enjoyed a peek into our "cottagey" guest bedroom.
To those of you who wanted the recipe for the pumpkin spice muffins I will share it tomorrow. I am having company for supper and I am experimenting with gingerbread pumpkin trifle if it turns out I will share this one too if it doesn't I won't even mention it again!!!
Thank you Cielo, for hosting this fun event at the lovely House in the Roses. Please go and check out the other 'cottages' if you haven't already.


Thanks for visiting,


Carolyn
Share on :
Guest Room
Guest Room
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5