Swedish Butter Balls

Hello everyone,

It was a mild but very rainy day here today so I thought it would be a good day to bake some cookies for the annual cookie exchange that I have been in the past few years. I am making Swedish Butter Balls again this year because not only are they good but they are easy to make too.

We might as well try one with a cup of tea.

a cloche full of butter balls

my cloche is new from tjmaxx

I'm having fun with my camera again!

Now I will be nice and share the recipe for these lovely melt in your mouth Swedish Butterballs.

preheat oven to 400 degrees cookie sheet ungreased

1 cup butter,softened

1/2cup sifted icing sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 1/4 cups flour

1 cup finely chopped pecans or hazelnuts or almonds

1. cream butter,icing sugar and vanilla throughly. Add flour. Mix well. Stir in nuts,mixing until smooth.

2. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. place on cookie sheet.Bake for 8-12 minutes at 400 degrees until light golden. Cool and then roll in icing sugar .

These freeze well.

This recipe came from the Robin Hood Baking Festival ccokbook -one of my favorites.

I hope you have a chance to make these buttery little goodies!

Thanks for the visit,

Carolyn

Share on :
Swedish Butter Balls
Swedish Butter Balls
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5