A Little Bit of Everything!

This is a project my husband just completed in the area of our garden that had an old hedgerow behind the barn(maybe I should call it the coach house -more upscale!) Anyway.there is a path to the allee part of our garden and the gate gave it more umph! The old bicycle was one my Dad drove around town when he was in his 70's so it is a nice keepsake of his.

A basket of flowers adds interest on the gate.


This year a robin family raised two batches of babies on top of this birdhouse on our covered porch right by our door! We tried not to disturb them too much by using a different door so they didn't get too unhappy with us. Then a few days ago we came home to a flurry of activity as the last of the young were leaving the nest. One little one was having some issues.
So ,mama had to go and give her some advice!
After hopping around the garden with robins squawking everywhere it finally managed to take off.
Some of you might remember we had a little nest of finches in Martha's garden in the white deutiza shrub and I took this picture of them and two days later they were missing from the nest so i'm guessing a predator got them.
The same day I saw this poor liitle Mama? in mourning on my doorstep. How sad!
Now ,I'll move on to a happy day with my little granddaughter's coming to visit.This is Olivia and she is 3 1/2 years old. She is a dainty,gentle little soul who love's girly things.




Little sister Abby is 2 years old and she happily excepts the hugs and kisses Olivia gives her.

Abby is a sweetie too, and did very well with her grandma following her with a camera.

Abby and Olivia are both tea party girls!


Don't you love the innocence of childhood?


Tomorrow I am joining in on a Garden Party with Susan at Savoring Time in the Kitchen
and I have some pictures of the garden that I took a few days ago that I am happy with. If you would like to join in, click on the Garden Party button on my sidebar. I think a garden party sounds like a fun place to go!

p.s. Our garden is on on fundraising tour for Muscular Dystrophy next Saturday July 25 1:30- 4:00. Tickets $8. at the gate and lemonade and cookies will be served.

Oh, how I wish you could ALL come!


Take care,


Carolyn
Share on :
A Little Bit of Everything!
A Little Bit of Everything!
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5